pages

search the rooster

Friday, April 28, 2017

the countdown resumes - 20 teeth

T-day was today. Two more teeth yanked, bringing me down to twenty teeth.

When they brought me in to the room for surgery, there were many people. I lost count, four, five assistants at various times, the dental surgeon. 

Anyway, they hook me up to the I.V. and put some oxygen over my face. They ask if I am cold. Yep. Want a blanket. That would be delightful. Plus, it will help reduce the chances of me throwing a punch. Sometimes, if I am startled, I will cock my arm back and occasionally take a shot.

Fortunately, as far as I know, we remained friends. At some point, I am transported on a flying carpet to another room to rest and recover. Another blanket, so maybe I did fire one across the bow.

Then next thing, I am being off-loaded from a zeppelin and they bring me to another room and the wife is there. A bunch of instructions that I cannot recall many of. I need to pee, but figure I will wait until we get home. I have no idea what on my body is anaesthetised and want to remain tidy until I get home.

I had some trouble walking, I was listing to starboard. I always appear to list to starboard. We make it to the wife's car, a very nearly 15 year old Pontiac Vibe that will not surrender, and off we go. At one point, I am certain I was transferred to a helicopter and eventually a submarine. That was when we got to our pharmacy to fill the prescription for the painkillers the dental surgeon gave me.

Afterwards, I was on a barge or ferry or hovercraft. Not sure. Anyway, get in the door, lay down on my favourite couch. Another blanket. Several naps, trips on elevators I had no idea we had in this house until now, and some WKRP in Cincinnati.

Several mugs of cup-o-soup and broth and tea. I am feeling better. Pain was building up, but took some killers. The wife made me chocolate mousse. Awesome!

I managed to muster a defence on Squirrel Vader. I pulled off a counter-attack as well. He has taken to bullying the other squirrels when he does go for the easy-pickings on the ground. I hate bullies, in all forms. I sent him on his way and appears yet to return this evening. I will have to take more drastic measures if he continues to bully. Bullying of all types should never be tolerated, regardless if it is a child, adult, parent, supervisor, squirrel, what have you.

So, soup, of course, for dinner. Mousse for dessert!

I am so very glad I got my hike in early this morning. I am not so sure I can set the boy on an twenty kilometre hike tomorrow either. I will try the regular four km with the boy and see how that goes. Sunday is a no-go for the 20 k either. The boy has several hours of volunteering. So, next week maybe, if he is not otherwise engaged.

About to turn in. One last dose of painkillers. Thawing some soup for tomorrow. I think ham for dinner tomorrow or Sunday. The way I cook it, it often hardly needs much chewing, just melts in your mouth. That is what I will do Sunday: ham, mashed potatoes, mushy carrots, and maybe the wife will make fresh rolls (they will be super soft). there are also rumours of further mousse and perhaps jello.

I know some of my tale seems unbelievable, but I assure you I did watch WKRP in Cincinnati, while slipping in and out of consciousness, today.

No comments:

Post a Comment