pages

search the rooster

Saturday, May 20, 2017

32 minutes on the trail - holy jumpin'!

Yes, that is correct. Thirty-two freakin' minutes to do the loop. I did not run, but I was moving like a frightened hobbit.

Technically, it was 32:13 for time. However, when I cleared the gate at the trailhead, my phone acted up like the last time I set a best time. The camera was on, the button to take the screen capture would not activate. It was annoying. So, I am calling it 32 minutes. Plus, I actually stopped to retie one of my boots. So, I am pretty impressed.

The time to the cabin was 19:07, my last time was 23:35. So, I shaved off 4:28 at that point. My old total time was 38:45. So, even taking the "official" time, I shaved a total of 6:32. Wild man. Now, the recorded distances are weird, but I have had that happen before.

A few things though. The whole time I was hiking the trail, I felt like I would be lucky to just shave 45 seconds off my time. Also, the whole time I was hiking, I was talking to myself, laying out my path telling myself where to go when there was bad mud, roots, rocks, other obstacles. When I finished, I felt like I had the flu and damn near coughed out one of my lungs. When I got home and got out of the truck, my legs were kind of rubbery. Now, tonight, I feel quite tired. I will not be doing that again. I am done with that.

Except...

Friend Denis, late of Sudbury, said he could do the loop in thirty minutes. I told him my last best time was around 38 minutes and that I would be lucky to cut it down to 36. I am amazed I got the time I did today. Now, I am not saying that Denis could not do it in 30 minutes, but I really pushed myself today. I told him that when he is ready, I will go head-to-head with him.

That would be a race. Hike, run, jump, skip, hop, crawl, whatever to finish. I bet I could get it down to 30 minutes. However, It would not really be a hike, more like cross-country running madness.

We will see. We will see..... blbbl

at the cabin, the distance should be closer to 2½ kliks
but I was moving fast and it seems to lag updating sometimes

at the finish, i really poured it on
if only the phone did not try to sabotage me, my recorded time would be shorter

No comments:

Post a Comment