pages

search the rooster

Friday, May 26, 2017

my first "on the road" post

Currently at Camp Sheldrick near Winchester, Ontario with the North Grenville Kemptville Scout Troop.

I have been chasing after the day since I woke up this morning. Actually, I have been doing it all week since the holiday Monday.

This is the Can-Am Camp; Canadian and American Scout Groups getting together in camaraderie and common cause.

Met some great people already tonight and expect to make more new friends tomorrow and Sunday.

I had something else completely I wanted to post about, but I will save it for next week. It deals with wild dogs and dormant volcanoes. Like I said, it has been as if I have had fewer hours to get things done all week.

I thought I had everything covered for this weekend, but I will be freely grinding my teeth tonight. As I have left my night guard at home. Oh well. I forgot one other thing, but it is my problem and I will live. I will get my old mouth guards from my karate days and pack them in various bags for backups for the future.

I did manage to get a quick hike in here. Short. I will have some trouble getting 4k in tomorrow. I will probably do laps.

What else? This nighthawk has been wanting to go to sleep for the last sixty plus minutes. Very unusual for me. I think the grass cutting, raking, and cutting again (yes, I cut the grass again yesterday and in the rain too) has taken more out of me than I really want to admit. Also, I cannot seem to rehydrate myself either. That will knock the stuffing out of you if you are not careful.

Wow. I dozed off for few seconds while typing. I think I will sign off before I type in 10,000 w's. Good night. See everyone bright and early tomorrow. blbbl

No comments:

Post a Comment