pages

search the rooster

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

i have magic

Not only am I enchanting company, I am enchanted. Yes, I am magical. Not in the good way though. It is that reverse magic. The kind that does the opposite of what you want.

On Monday, it was raining. Super. Perfect. I can start field testing my new Mountain Warehouse jacket. So, the first klik-and-a-half goes well. A steady rain, so I can see how this puppy holds up. Then, it lets up. It is still raining, but less so. It was supposed to come down in buckets all day.

No worries. It was supposed to rain Tuesday too. Nope. I wanted to keep testing the jacket with various under layers. Okay. No problem. It was supposed to rain today. Thunderstorms even. Well, not when I went hiking. I take care a bunch of other stuff, hoping for rain. Nyet. Hike anyway, as that is what I do. 

Then I go to cut the grass. Within a few minutes, some really dark clouds roll in. Not raining yet, so I keep going. I get the front done, but when I tackle the back, the rain starts. It is light but steady. Okay, I keep going. Then it is whizzing down. The mower clogs with grass. Alright, I am done. The same thing happened last Thursday. I cut the grass in a downpour and emptied out the deck every few minutes by hand. Not today. It was coming down in buckets.

I park the mower, and within fifteen minutes it begins to let up. Then it stops. Super. Perfect. The grass is too wet now to cut. Plus, I have other things to get done.

Tomorrow it is supposed to rain. I bet it will not when I hike, but will when I go to finish the grass in the back. I need to get rid of it. I need to move on my project of turning as much of the back garden I can in to vegetable beds, fruit and nut trees, and an overall edible garden of various herbs, plants, bushes, etc.

However, now that I want to seriously move on this, it will probably rain, if not snow and hail, all summer, except when I hike with my new jacket.

The kicker is, now that I know this. Hike with jacket: no rain; and cut grass: rain. I will not be able to manipulate it. The gods of weather will still burn me. I will try to take my jacket on a hike to have clear weather and the entire forest will flood. I will go to cut the grass so it will rain, so I do not have to do yard work and it will be clear and sunny.

Maybe I should just get a couple goats to eat the grass and put my jacket on one of them. Yeah. They would probably get themselves free and steal the keys to my truck and go for a joyride and end up crashing through a storefront.

I hate bizzaro world magic. blbbl

No comments:

Post a Comment