pages

search the rooster

Monday, May 22, 2017

my train of thought has derailed

I had a thought for a post today. I even thought I started it this morning. Yet, lo and behold, I have nothing in my drafts. I also have no memory of what it was. I do know I thought it would have been a really good topic, but that is it.

I hate that. When you cannot remember what you were going to do. I go through cycles of it every now and again. I hope this is a one off and not the start of another one. I do keep a notebook for ideas for the rooster, as well as other tasks and responsibilities. However, I have not been using it lately. I will drag it around with me again. 

Years ago, I had what I am certain was CFS. No one believed me, not even my doctor. It can be difficult to diagnose, but not even the doctor had any compassion for my situation. How did I get through it and past it? I made sure I read a lot, which was really hard to do. I also trained in Shotokan Karate as much as I could. Without those two activities, I do not think I would have beat it.

Now, I do no think CFS is rearing its ugly head again, but when I go through these bouts, I worry. I do not like being forgetful. 

As to activities to keep the mind and body sharp. I hike at least 4 kliks (2½ mi.) a day. I started that on March 1st this year, and do not plan to stop any time soon. I have actually lost about 20 lbs (9 kg) since then. I read, not nearly as much as I should. So, I pulled a book off my shelf that I have yet to read: Two Murders in My Double Life by Josef Škvorecký. If my reading goes according to plan, I should be done with that one in a day or two and then be grabbing another tome off the shelf.

Anyway, I hope I pick up the thread of my idea again, it would have been great. I think. blbbl

No comments:

Post a Comment