pages

search the rooster

Monday, May 15, 2017

pc plus points - what a joke

I signed up for the President's Choice points program known as PCPlus. You get points at grocery stores that sign up to the program. Generally, Loblaws, Independent Grocers (who really are not all that independent), and you can see more here.

Other than the fact that the app really sucks, I am constantly being locked out of my account.

Then they recently got hacked. They reset everyone's accounts and sent a password reset link. It did not work. I had to call them. What a nightmare.

Finally, the password was reset. Then I am in a store that is part of the program. (An aside here. I rarely go in to stores that are part of the program because generally their produce is horrible, their prices are high, and the fact that PCPlus now drives me nuts.) I had to get a few things and went to an Independent Grocers. The cashier tells me that there is a problem with my account. What? Yeah, there's a message that your account is not working. Oh great.

I call PCPlus when I get home and learn, that my account has been in limbo since I reset my password. Not only did they reset the passwords when the accounts were reset, but they really reset the accounts. Everyone was issued with a new account number. 

Well, no one told me. No email, no screen flash at the grocery store, not the last joker I spoke with on the phone when I reset the password that last time, nothing. Well, the guy on the other end of the phone this time was really good. He fixed me up and linked my PCPlus Mastercard so the points would be all in one account. He tells me it will take up to a week to filter through. Okay.

I get an email, actually two, from PCPlus that tells me to log in to my account. Okay, I do. Nope. Wrong password. What? Try again. And again. Locked out. Message says I need to call them. I do. After going through a maze disguised as an automated call direction service, I get through to a human. They say they will send me an email to reset my password. Okay. It can take up to half an hour to get it. Okay? I guess it is like on the Flintstones: a pterodactyl needs to carve it with its beak and then fly it over.

I get the email. I follow the steps to change my password. Locked out on the first go. I call back. Get a bunch of baloney that there is a problem with resetting the passwords and the tech team is working on it. Then why did the previous person I spoke with not say that and tell me? I start to get the runaround. I lose my cool. Big time. I am not all too nice. In the end the agent pledges to call me tomorrow to let me know the status of the situation. Honestly, I do not expect a call. I will just try again on another day.

By this time, I have regained my composure. I apologise to the agent. No one needs a freak out, unless of course it truly is their fault, they are incompetent, and/or are outright lying. Runaround or not, my reaction was too much. However, I did inform the agent, as I know all calls are recorded and many are reviewed, that, once I can actually use my points when my account is unlocked finally, I will use them up and leave the program and cancel my Mastercard. What few dollars I am getting are not worth the frustration of this program and their truly incompetent technical people.


So, while I have been typing, I have received my fourth email from PCPlus. It tells me I have successfully reset my password. Really? The last message I got when trying to do that was that I was locked out of my account. Shall we take a look?

After more than six attempts, it tells me that last known password I tried to reset to is incorrect. Before that, it just kept looping me back to the login screen. It also has that "I'm not a robot" dumbass thing with the picture grid. It  is not loading right, but I am getting them right as far as can be seen in the tiny pictures. My favourite, there is a mural of cars on a road. It tells me to click all the squares with vehicles. I do. Then I see a sliver of a parking lot with vehicles. I click it, but I know that is not part of what they are looking for. Reject. Next one, correct and back to login.

Pretty funny actually. What a bunch of  useless tools these assclowns are. I will try to figure out a way to get in contact with someone high up the PCPlus foodchain. If I were in charge? I would fire everyone who works on the online portion of the program except the lowest paid person. I would keep them and promote them, with raise, to the job of being responsible to keep the new team of assclowns (I call them that in advance, because they will be, we all know it) from being a bunch of useless tools like the last bunch, of which this person was a part.

Anyway enough of this ridiculousness. I am going to back to putting up my tent gazebo on the back deck. That way, I can work on my garden tomorrow. blbbl



this must be my next email from pcplus being delivered (courtesy youtube)


No comments:

Post a Comment