pages

search the rooster

Monday, May 08, 2017

lousy smay weather

Trying to post this from my new phone. That way, I will know if I can do this while on the road.

So, a really weird few days. Flood warnings the last few days with dropping temperatures to near freezing.

Today?

The weirdest yet. Woke up to snow on the ground and one degree above freezing.

Then it started snowing. Then raining. Then snowing again. Then more rain. A repeat of snow. Wait. What? Something new! Hail!? Hot damn!! More snow. Ah, hail again. Raining yet again. And, right now? The snow is back. I cannot wait to see what is next.

homer, i feel your pain (hijacked from simpsonswiki & hacked by me)

The weather-type people promised the temp to hit the top of the single digits (or 48° for you Fahrenheit types and for you sciency folks 282 Kelvin). Tell me another lie. No more than a couple of degrees above freezing.

At least on my hike, I only got hit with a little snow and hail.

I should have figured it was going to be an unusual day when all the critters disappeared early yesterday. Birds, bunnies, and even the Expanding Legion of Evil (ELoE) went in to hiding.

Hey, definitely just saw my first Cardinal this year. He was on the back deck, not even five feet from the window. Woo-hoo! (I have to figure out what those other, little red guys are though.) He took off before I could try my new phone camera for real. See, they do return during the crap weather. This guy was huge too.

me, motoring on the trail
one of six accidental photos my new phone took all on its own
and the only "usable" one
darned quick button on the lock screen, may have to disable it

Okay. I cannot seem to post pictures with the Blogger app and typing even only this much on a virtual keyboard is becoming a giant pain. I will go to my notebook and post my pics and quickly finish up this post, including spell-check and editing.

Let me know how it looks posted from my phone though. This may be a viable way for me to post from the Canada Jamboree.

No comments:

Post a Comment