pages

search the rooster

Sunday, May 28, 2017

back home - i hate backyard pools

Got home after a terrific Scout Camp with our southern cousins.So, this post will be short, I am very, very tired.

However, I was in the process of opening our pool before the boy and I left for the Camp. Yet, with the tall grass and all the rain we had, I needed to put it off. The wife suggested when we got back, rightly I might add, that we should get the cover off today.

There was new water accumulated on the pool tarp, so I tried to drain it to no avail. Draining, because I am a cheapskate, requires me to stick a hose in the water on the tarp and suck back on the other end until it runs freely. Well, it would not work, try as I might. It was decided, mostly as we had no choice, to pull the leaf net and tarp off to work on opening the pool. 

As an aside, I will be securing the tarp and leaf net next year with separate cables so we can pull the leaves off on their own and then the tarp. Reducing the chance of draining gungy water from the tarp directly in to the pool. And hopefully, reducing the number of times I have to suck back filthy brown leaf-tarp water. Not so yummy.

The wife enlisted the troll battling neighbour. He was a trooper. As it all evolved, he ended up with most of the stinky water, that spilt out, landing on him as we pulled a pregnant, water filled tarp off the top of the pool. If I actually planned it, it would have been perfect. I did not plan it, as I would rather it landed on me. As I informed the troll hunter, I will not ask him to do that ever again. No one needs that happening to them, even by accident.

Shortly after, the wife brought over to the neighbour a tub of home-made, by the wife, cherry-chocolate ice cream (made with real, fresh cherries, yup real and fresh). It was a very small thank-you for getting our stinky water all over him. We will be making him and his fam a supper in the next short while as a better thank-you. I like to think I (and the wife too) pay back help from friends quite well.

Anyway, the tarp was full of little holes. So, the gross and disgusting brown leaf water had been seeping in to the pool, for who knows how long. And this is where I hate math and physics. If there were holes in the tarp? Why was it so hard to pull the tarp off, if it was leaking disgusting water back in to the pool?

Anyway, currently running the hose for its second two hour session of putting water in to the pool to get it back up to spec. Tomorrow, I will pick up an "opening kit", a batch of chemicals meant to sort out and clarify the water. The pump should also be pumping the gunge in to the filter reservoir and be swimable once the air temperature is consistently at a comfortable level.

Sorry, I need to sign off. I am apparently much more tired than I thought, as I am making major typos and the like for no good reason. Not to mention all the eye closing.

Soon, I will post about volcanoes and wild dogs.

Once again, nighty-night all. blbbl

No comments:

Post a Comment