pages

search the rooster

Saturday, June 03, 2017

18-hour mystery plague

So, yesterday at about 6:00 pm, I was struck with a mild eighteen hour plague. What else could it be.

It started with my mouth watering excessively.  I stepped outside and it was like a fountain coming out of my mouth. We are talking major drool. That went on for near on ten minutes. It was like when I was a kid and had the flu and knew I was going to projectile because of the watery mouth. The wateriness was so much more than then, but no projectile.

Then, I seemed to be fine. I washed up we had wonderful, real, Italian raviolis, meat and cheese, for supper with a near on scratch tomato sauce. I used passata and dressed it up.

No worries. Then about an hour, seventy-five minutes later, my gut was wrenching. The wife and the boy, not at all. So, I knew it was not dinner. Tums and Alka Seltzer did not help. I watched a movie, in agony, hoping it would pass.

Then, I had to visit the big boy's room, several times. (Sorry, but I need to explain.) It was well after midnight before I attempted to try to sleep. Then another hour or so of the former. Finally, I passed out.

The next morning, the alarms on my phone were jingling and jangling, to the wife's major peevement. I could not wake up until after 10:00 am. That sucked, because the boy and I had a project to execute, which is now postponed until next week.

Several more trips to the "study", then I thought I was fine and the boy and I went for a decent hike at about noon. However, not long in, I knew we could not spend the day out there. We came home and more reading in the "library". Some queasiness too. I made sure I was all washed up and prepped supper. Shish-kabobs, grilled whole potatoes, corn on the cob. 

Still a bit messed up, then at about 6:00 pm,  no after-effects at all.

So, at about noon, the great ill wind passed. But for the next six hours after that, I think it was just the recovery phase.  Now, over the last three hours, nothing. Cooked and ate supper, I feel fine, ate a healthy amount and no ill feelings.

No issues with the boy or the wife at all. Not yesterday or today. Whatever wanted to, and did, bite me, did not get the fam. Thank all that is good and wholesome in the world.

I hate that. Not feeling well. Nothing clearly defined. Then it is gone. It has to be a mild eighteen-hour mystery plague. So many weird illnesses going on now and no answer as to what it was.

Our planet has done so much to mess around with nature, we are pissing something off. And, there is payback. There always is. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. My concern, is that the reaction has not yet come close to equalling our actions.

Just wait. There are many earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, viral/bacterial outbreaks, and more, that are expected and overdue. I need to find a place that is more in tune with the planet that we have not ravaged, manipulated, screwed over, or destroyed. A tall order, I know, but time is fleeting, and there are not too many places left that we have not boned as a species.

I just hope I will be able to post from there?! blbbl

No comments:

Post a Comment