pages

search the rooster

Friday, June 16, 2017

gnomes on the offensive

Suffice to say, this will be a short post as I have been locked in combat with the gnomes all day. 

The boy and I are going to our Scout Group's 80th Anniversary Camp today for the weekend.

I have been trying to get everything organised and in to the truck.

I would say somewhere between a quarter and and third of the gear has had to be searched for repeatedly. Sometimes as a much as four times.

I would search where something is supposed to be and it is not there. I would search other places just in case, to no avail. Then I would re-examine where it should be and lo-and-behold, there it is in plain sight.

I literally just found my spare sleeping bag about two minutes ago. However, they are getting crafty. It was in a day-pack that I had emptied out two weeks ago.

So, now everything has been found. I even found a spare compass I gave up for lost about six months ago.

Outstanding items remain though. A pair of khaki cargo pants, a leather pouch, and one pair of wool socks. (That I know of.) I know they are toying with me as everyone in the house has seen those socks in plain view, folded up after a wash, and now: poof!

Anyway, time to go. Camping in thunderstorms. Awesome. At least the gnomes have never hidden in my tent. Yet. blbbl

No comments:

Post a Comment