pages

search the rooster

Friday, June 30, 2017

i am getting a dog

The neighbour is a dog trainer for the CNIB. He also knows that I am looking to get a dog.

Well, he asked me the other day if I was still looking. Yes, of course. So, he offered me a deal.

The CNIB is bringing in dogs from Australia for the Guide Dog Program. He asked if we wanted to host a stud dog. Basically, we house and raise the dog, with his assistance training dog, and the dog is used for studding future guide dogs. The CNIB basically supports the dog's material needs and we provide it a home, family, and hopefully a charmed dog's life.

When his studding days are over, about eight years, we can choose to part ways. Highly unlikely. Unless the dog is a total nutcase, we will want him to be part of our family for all time.

I do not know the timeline yet for everything and all the minutia, but I trust my neighbour to not steer me wrong.

So, a pretty sweet deal for us. We get an excellent dog, due to the existing selection and breeding process, the CNIB covers his room and board, and we get a new member to the family who will be a companion on many adventures and journeys.

Plus, a bonus for the dog, he gets to hook up regularly. blbbl

No comments:

Post a Comment