pages

search the rooster

Thursday, June 22, 2017

another great restaurant in richmond, ontario - my thai village

Tonight we wanted to try a different place from the Mexico Casita Cafe for dinner after the boy's archery. So, Denis suggested My Thai Village right across from the archery training.

It was just after 7:00 PM and they close at 8:00 PM on Thursdays. The wife and I have not done Thai in years. Around here, most of the Thai places are in the heart of Ottawa. So, it was nice to go to one nearby.

it may be in a strip mall, but great things await the bold inside

As it was during the week and near closing time, it was not too busy. That was good for us. We had a big table. The waiter was very good. He was attentive and answered our naive questions. He was even kind when I said I wanted to say the dish I wanted as opposed to just saying the number of the dish. To quote, "Not bad, pretty close." Well, I try. For me it is more fun to try and be off then to not.

Our order:

appetisers: Thai spring rolls (A5), shrimp roll sod (A4), chicken wings (A9) - the boys really wanted those, and tom yum soup (S2) with chicken, spicy for me, it had a kick.

mains: Denis - I cannot recall - something with pork, sorry; his the boy - gaeng kua supparod with chicken (G4) - a red curry dish, the boy - gaeng panang with beef (G3) - another red curry dish, the wife - swimming rama - a stir fry with beef, spicy (P9), me - pad med-ma-muang with pork, spicy (P2) - another stir fry - as recommended by the waiter. All the dishes were ordered with varying sides of plain rice or noodles.

drinks: the boys had sodas, Denis had lemon grass tea (a huge pot, which he finished), the wife had water, I had a Singha beer then a Thai tea, it was smoky and awesome, like a lapsang souchong, but way, way better.

i have to get me some of this tea

We all loved our meals. The wife, the boy, and I shared a bit and they were all awesome. These dishes are eminently capable as a meal for one or for sharing. Next time we will go with the more family style of eating and share, along with sides of rice noodles and rice.

Back to the chicken wings for a moment. They were simple and terrific. They had a tempura type coating and a simple dipping sauce. Quick note on the other apps: really terrific as well. The shrimp rolls had a fresh, terrific peanut dipping sauce with a hint of coconut.

Anyway, we really enjoyed everything. It was all very fresh and tasty and filling. I will definitely go back. Especially as we did not leave until about thirty minutes after closing and did not give us the bum's rush to get out. They were really fantastic. They did not hurry us along and they made sure we were having a great dinner, very attentive but not annoying. This is becoming a lost art with restaurants.

I like a place with great service, where I can take my time to enjoy the meal and the company. Check it out. blbbl

very well appointed inside
(taken after the restaurant was closed)



No comments:

Post a Comment