pages

search the rooster

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

belated return to mm books

I had not been to MM Books since some time in March. I had an extended stay in Hamilton, and much catching up to do upon my return. Then events just got away from me.

Well, I returned today. Merv, the proprietor, of course, was there. He was doing a brisk trade today. Several people coming and going and actually buying books. Not just perusing.

Unfortunately for me, I was not finding anything. No appealing outdoorsy books, no foraging books. Not even any Smollett. The only edition he had, I already acquired a copy of from him.

Then he brought over a smallish book to show me. An official biography of Lord Baden-Powell. I was delighted.

He remembered me after my long absence. I was delighted.

I, of course, procured the edition from him. My smallest purchase at MM Books. It will sit nicely with my reprints of his works: Scouting for Boys and the Wolf Cub's Handbook. As well as all my other Scouting books. It would have made an excellent companion to my Kit Carson autobiography. Alas, that book is probably lost forever. It is in the possession of my brother with no sight of its return to my hand. However, that is a story for another time, perhaps never.

I cannot wait to show it to my fellow Scouters and the Scouts of the Troop. blbbl

my latest monograph
oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment