pages

search the rooster

Saturday, June 24, 2017

water, water everywhere....yay!

If Samuel Taylor Coleridge were alive today his epic poem would be entitled:

The Rime of the Unfortunate Polak

As this is what I am. Yay!

Both water heaters have been replaced within months of each other. The jet pump seized and was repaired. Now there is a leak I cannot find in my water softener system. You would think that was enough, but noooo. My jet pump will now not build pressure past 40 p.s.i and was running for several hours. It is so hot that when I opened it to check if it was primed, the water was boiling when it came out. Now, of course, there is a tiny leak at the priming valve. Yay!

I have shut the pump off in hopes it will cool before it explodes and set my house on fire. Yay!

Oh yeah, put my truck through servicing and an oil change. I ended up replacing my shocks, brakes, spark plugs, and tailgate lock. I now need multiple keys to get in and out of the various parts of the truck and to start it up. Then less than sixty kliks out of the shop, I get fault messages and my engine shut down. On a bridge. Yay!

I did get it going again, but it obviously needs to go back to the shop and the keys and locks need to be sorted. But because of all that, no hike yesterday. Yay!

Also, the wife has found out her front struts are completely shot on her nearly fifteen year old Pontiac Vibe. To the point where her very good and trustworthy mechanic has told her she needs to make a decision tout suite as to whether she wants them replaced in order to keep driving it or to dump the car. Yay!

And because of my newly minted water woes, no hike today. Yay!

Let me tell you, this "buttercup" is having trouble "sucking it up" today. Not so, yay!

I thought I had an understanding with the universe, but I guess someone in Human Resources wants to review my contract. Yay!

Now, if you will excuse me, I need to make sure the roof is still on the house. Yay! blbbl


No comments:

Post a Comment