pages

search the rooster

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

my wings have been clipped

My truck is in the shop for at least two days again. They tell me they will have everything right as rain tomorrow. We will see, we will see.

In the meantime, I am beached in town. Hiking around town is less exciting than in the bush. At least around here. There are some older nicer bits of farmhouse architecture here and there, but not a lot. It is not like wandering the old town of Rīga or Kraków.

Plus, I cannot get any additional items for our trip to the Jamboree or even for the Canada Day weekend. It is times like this that I appreciate when I lived in urban centres and could walk, or even ride a bike, to get everything I needed. And there were times when that was my life. No motorised wheels, or at least restricted use from sharing, to get around.

But, if I had to live in an urban area, it would have to be something with old beautiful architecture. But then, I would most likely be quite far away from some beautiful natural places to hike. Mind you, old architecture is a treat for my eyes. I do remember when I was in Kraków, there were some really lovely natural places to hike within a close distance to the old town and not far by public transit either. Warszawa's old town, even though it was rebuilt sometime after the war, is quite beautiful too and there is a really cool pub under a bridge not far from some natural spaces if I remember correctly.

Anyways, it sucks to be beached when you need to get around to run errands and the like. I did remove more sod in my garden plot though. One horrible patch left,  that I know has a lot of rocks near the surface, which makes it a pain in the ass to do. Then I still need to till it all by hand and then plant. I did get a bag of Burbank Russet seed potatoes to plant. They are the boy's and my favourite. We especially love genuine Burbank Russets from Idaho.

Leaving out the plans to plant an edible garden and fruit and nut trees in most of the back, the garden will be easier next year, as I do not plan to expand beyond this new-sized space for some time. Plus, I do have my eye on a roto-tiller on kijunkjunk (my name for kijiji) for $49. It is probably in sad shape though. I have a couple of friends who know about these things better than me and it is only about 20 minutes away, so maybe I can get one of them to come check it out with me before we head off to the Jamboree. If I ever have reliable wheels again. We will see, we will see. blbbl

No comments:

Post a Comment