pages

search the rooster

Friday, June 02, 2017

ottawa drivers smoke pole

Well, not all of them, but a lot do. And I know I have barked and moaned about this before. But really? What does it take to drive with awareness of those around you?

For the last four days I have been losing my mind driving in and around the city. One of the biggest frustrations has been drivers in front of me, one, two, three cars ahead in the convoy, driving as much as 20 km/h below the speed limit. Yes, it is a limit, which means you are not supposed to drive faster than what is posted. However, I do not know many drivers that want to driver slower than the posted limits. 

Yet, it does not end there. These guys will creep up to the limit, then coast back down to twenty, even twenty-five below. If I wanted to walk, I would have put on the black cadillacs and grabbed my stave and hoofed it. 

This has happened every day, multiple times, for the last four days! And not just in the city proper, this crappy driving is expanding in to the towns that have upscaled since the region was amalgamated and mega-citied.

So, we have the yo-yo drivers. Then there are those ass-clowns that just cut across the intersection forcing you to brake. The real geniuses, are those that turn in front of you at a very low speed and you actually have to jam the brakes and risk hitting something. Not cool man. From Tuesday through this afternoon, I must have been cut off at least three dozen times and jammed on the brakes like Marty McFly at least half as much.

I lost count of the pinball drivers. The ones that bounce side-to-side in their lanes and more often than not, roll around the flipper and cross the line, freaking everyone out around them. Oh yeah. That one is awesome. One bonehead almost bounced off me three times in about a half kilometre. Super-duper.

The capper of the week? A joker, wiener-head driving a frontend loader down a main road thirty to forty km/h below the speed limit. It was only for about 5 km, but man! Really?! Rush hour on a Friday too. Bonehead.

At least, I do not need to go in to the city for a few days, maybe a week. That would be awesome.

Oh, the humanity. blbbl

No comments:

Post a Comment