pages

search the rooster

Monday, October 16, 2017

argh, interweb so, so, soooo slow

Okay. Bell is really boning me now.

I have been only getting 3 Mbps with the new modem.

The old, very old, one I had was getting twice that speed peaking at 10-11 Mbps.

Today it has been crawling, and crawling, and crawling. I was looking for a packable down vest for hiking. Two hours to crawl through various websites. It should have taken no more than twenty minutes.

I ran a speed test. It said I was getting 4 Mbps. No way, José! Some of the tests even stalled out. All my devices, hardwired computer, wifi phone and tablet behaved the same and had the same speed test results. Something is rotten in the State of Denmark.

I called Bell. They still think I am not connected. I assured them, again, that I am, just at an excruciatingly slow speed. One tech said I am connected by what they call a "stolen connection". I never heard that term used, except when "stealing" cable.

Anyway. They are sending a field tech tomorrow. They told me there is something physically wrong with the line coming in to my house. It should be fun. The field guys tend not to try to pull the wool over your eyes. They can be quite blunt with the truth.

Nonetheless. I cannot take this slowness and locking up anymore.

I apologise for my continued harping about my interweb woes. Hopefully this is all fixed tomorrow and and can get on to doing some more fun or serious, or at least not Bell related (for a while) posts. blbbl

No comments:

Post a Comment