pages

search the rooster

Saturday, October 21, 2017

rcj hike complete

Well we did it. We left at about 9:00 AM and hit HQ at about 1:30 PM. Four-and-a-half hours for 12.5 km (7.75 mi.). Pretty respectable pace.

Eleven Scouts, two Scouters, four parents. A good crew was out. Everyone was helpful and cooperative, for the most part, until after supper.

We had chili for supper that the other Scouter made. It was very tasty, very good. I had two big helpings.

We  also learned that we could actually have a campfire. Wish we knew before, would have brought the makings for bannock.

Anyway, once we got our campfire going, I noticed something I noticed previously, and is now confirmed with certainty. The Scouts in my new Group have a lot to learn about campfire etiquette. Just some standard practices in regards to behaving around fires and how activities are carried out. Oh, and volume and that screaming is not singing.

Anyway, early as it is, I can barely keep my eyes open.

Nighty-night. blbbl

No comments:

Post a Comment