pages

search the rooster

Sunday, October 15, 2017

back to hiking

So, I have not done much hiking since returning from the Scout Jamboree in July for many various reasons. However, the boy, another Scouter from our Troop, and myself went on a pre-hike of our assigned route for the Rideau Challenge Journey (RCJ), which was postponed from May.

A near-perfect day. Overcast, a bit of rain, not hot out. Hiking out in the bush, with boots on, my feet feel fine, not like when I have to spend many of my days in stocking feet. It was pretty short, only 15½ km (9½ mi). I figure this will be the way it goes for a while, hiking on weekends and sometimes on free days.

It truly is worth it. I feel better, although I am a bit tired today from being out of the regularity of it. I lost a bunch of weight when I first started hiking, which I have kept off. I eat less crap, most of the time (potato chips are still my kryptonite). I just feel fantastic when I am out in the woods. I have started noticing details I did not before. This other Scouter has a lot outdoorsy knowledge, so it was great hiking with her today. I look forward to the RCJ next week for more fascinating titbits. blbbl




No comments:

Post a Comment