pages

search the rooster

Friday, October 20, 2017

packing for the rideau challenge journey

I have to apologise. I have been busy all day. Now, I will be busy all night packing for the RCJ. I just have not had time this week to organise for the event with our Scouts. 

We decided to do wraps for our lunch since we are on the trail. Well, I am making them tonight. Thirty-six of them. So, much work yet to be done.

Plus, I still have to pack myself for the hike and the overnight portion. 

(Several hours later.....)

Oh wow. Lunches are made, paperwork is done. I am packed, I think. Just a sweep of the gear to make sure nothing is missing. My boots should be fine from last week. Hey, it is only a 12½ km (7¾ mi.) hike.

Anyway, I have beat midnight by the looks of it. I may get some sleep this time.

Obviously, tomorrow's post will be about the hike. Hopefully, something amusing will happen. There were a bunch of edible berries on the trail last week, it will be interesting to find out if they are still there. It has been so mild, the edibles season appears to be extended. Oh yeah, one not so happy item: there is no latrine at the HQ campsite. Well, I have a shovel. blbbl

No comments:

Post a Comment