pages

search the rooster

Thursday, October 12, 2017

the rooster phones it in, again

So, Bell Sympatico has actually surprised me. No, my replacement wifi modem-router did not arrive. I expected as much.

I called the support line after checking the mail and the unit was, as expected, not in the post.

After going through all the confirmation baloney, more than once, I discovered what actually occurred.

The tech on the phone began to tell me the first replacement unit sent out arrived and was received the very next day.  I told the tech that was not possible.

The tech began to recite the address it was sent to. I stopped him before he even finished the street number. I was my old address. An address I have not been associated with in over a decade.

Yup, more than eleven years actually. I questioned Bell Sympatico's competency. I also asked how it could go to my very old address after my current address was confirmed. With both attempts to send me a replacement.

No answer, of course. The tech said they would solve the problem and ship another unit right away. I told him the proper solution was to get a Bell Sympatico employee to take in hand my replacement unit and get in a Bell Sympatico vehicle and bring it to my house immediately.

Some back and forth, on hold a couple of times. The compromise: a field tech will hand deliver the unit tomorrow. I told the dude on the phone that I am out all day tomorrow. No worries, no one need be home. Okay. It will be delivered by 9:00 AM. If no one is home, it will be left in my mailbox.

Luckily, even though we have no home delivery with Canada Post, we actually have a mail box. We use it for dropping off and picking up items with various people and organisations we deal with.

Of course the tech on the phone repeatedly apologised. I know it is not this guy's fault, but I care not for the apologies. Anyway, the third replacement is supposed to arrive tomorrow.

Honestly, I will be surprised if it does. He had to force my actual address for the workorder. It was still wrong. I explained the actual proper street address. He apparently fixed it.

But here is the kicker. I got a text from Bell Sympatico just after I got off the phone. It was to confirm my "repair appointment". Okay? Not exactly right, but I figure there are limitations to the software.

I click the link, I need to confirm I will be there. No option​ to click: no, will not be there, just do your thing. It also says the field tech will arrive Between 8:00 AM and 10:00 AM. Probably another limitation. It also said it will take an hour to complete the service call. Another limitation?

Anyway, I clicked: I will be there. The guy on the phone said I did not need to be. I cannot reschedule it. Oh yeah, the original text also states: At Bell's discretion, a fee may apply if not present for scheduled appointment.

So, this whole thing, a fiasco until now, should prove very interesting tomorrow. I suspect I will be calling 310-BELL once again. I have begged for help from heaven, but think I am dealing with the devil, in the not too unfamiliar guise of Bell Sympatico. blbbl

No comments:

Post a Comment