pages

search the rooster

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

i am batting a thousand.....rubbing people the wrong way!

Who me? But I am such a great guy! Well, at least I think I am.

However! I also know I am an ass. I have said as much on more than one occasion, here, at the rooster, and elsewhere.

However! Some people probably tag a perforated suffix to the ass part. Maybe sometimes, but I like to think I can be one in a good way.

Anyway.

So, I peeved the wife last night. We were talking about a specific bill last night out on the back deck. We were more or less done and I went inside for a moment and when I came back, she restarted the discussion. Frankly, I did not want to rehash it and I told her so. We got in to a mild argument about how I do it too. Apparently, all the time! Well, suffice to say, the evening ended. It was nothing major really and everything is hunky-dory now. That is a part of marriage. A part of life.

Then, today, I was doing something with someone. The thing where I am now wearing my Crocs. I asked them if they wanted me do it a certain way. They said yes, because they want newbies doing it that way. Well, I asked because we did it that way last time. However! She said it in a way that was nonplussed. Frankly, I may be new to her way of doing it, but I am not new to the whole process. I guess she sensed my nonplussedness. She blew it off with an explanation that confirmed my reasoning. I was not convinced. I left it at that, it was no biggie. Not sure if she reads the rooster or not. I know she reads a bunch of other blogs. I guess I will find out tomorrow. That is just the way it is sometimes. You know, part of life.

The capper though! There is a Jamboree next summer, here in Ontario. The Great Lakes Jamboree (GLJAM). I have been trying, passively, to get it off the ground with the Troop. Well, yesterday, I got more proactive. I sent an email out to all the Scouters in the Scout Troop, the Akelas in the two Wolf Cub Packs, and the Group Commissioner ( who also happens to be a Venture Scout Advisor in our Group). So, I contacted all the relevant people by Troop, the other Sections who can participate, and our Grand Poobah. There were a few responses, some positive, but not enough yet to get really serious.

However! One response was very serious and, in my opinion, not very supportive. Sorry, but I am going to put it out there. I countered with some concrete, yet ballpark, information. Hey, it is early days.

I also put out an opinion to an expectation expressed in the serious response. Well, today, I received a response to my response. From Mister Serious. Personally, I perceived it as confrontational. Just my opinion. Basically, I have been challenged to some kind of existential combat over my opinion!?

Now, in my opinion, that is not a part of life. Not the way it is sometimes. I do not know. Maybe it is me? Am I that difficult to get along with?  Am I that much of an ass?

I did respond to the challenge when I got home today. I felt it was important to do so. In the end, I did not have time for my own supper or to shower before taking the boy to his Medieval Martial Arts training.

I basically told him there is no battle to be entered in to. It was my opinion. He cannot have it, it was mine, but he could share it if he liked.

No response back yet. I am sure it will be a doozy though. And it is only Tuesday! I cannot wait to see how the rest of the week unfolds. Jeeze!? blbbl

No comments:

Post a Comment