pages

search the rooster

Tuesday, October 10, 2017

my "wifi" modem-router hates me

So, not only has the wifi all but ceased to function on my home unit, the hard-line is now acting up.

I had all kinds of trouble trying to work online on my computer today. So I am posting from my phone.

Still waiting on my replacement unit from Bell Sympatico. It is supposed to arrive by tomorrow, but I have no faith left in it happening in a timely manner.

As I mentioned in another post, the current unit is allegedly the second one they have sent in the post.

Whenever I do receive it, I will still have to configure it. Then get all our various devices logged in to it as well. Hopefully, this new modem-router will not keep assigning the same IP address to multiple devices, like the very tired one I have currently. Hopefully too, the wifi will not keep stalling either and forcing constant restarts.

My final wish is that it will actually operate at modern acceptable speeds. Wow, I want a lot!

All this frustration puts me in mind of an old commercial: "Calgon.....take me away!" blbbl

No comments:

Post a Comment