pages

search the rooster

Wednesday, October 18, 2017

happy feet!

Darn tootin' I gots happy feet! I wore my Crocs instead of going all day in my socks.

It was a very long day too. All day in the Crocs. Cut the grass, which was like short hay, while wearing safety boots. I always cut the crass in safety boots, you never know if something may come out flying from the mower and take an odd angle. Made supper and went to a meeting at my club. I had to miss the weekly Scout meeting though. I took on a new job at the club too.

I just got home. I am bushed. Another day in my Crocs tomorrow and the day after, then a Scout hike and camp this weekend. I will wear my old service boots for the hike; just like last week. However, I will wear my topline socks; it will be more comfortable and provide more cushion too.

You know what though, after this very long day, my feet are not sore, not tired, not anything but normal. So, I am obviously one of those people that needs foot cladding and not those ridiculous looking foot glove things. If I want something like that, I will go all ninja and get a pair of tabis. I saw some guys working construction in Japan wearing them. It was unusual, to say the least, but I bet their feet were happy!

Anyway, I cannot subscribe to the theory that we should not wear shoes, or at minimum go minimalist. The minimalistest I will go is Crocs. I am a shoe guy, through and through. Boots are even better, but maybe it is just me.

I expect much the same results tomorrow. I will wear Crocs and my feet will be content, happy, and not sore and hot. Why I did not do this after the first couple of days baffles me. At least I finally tried it and now my dogs are not barking at the end of the day. I need to hit the hay, early worm and all that; but I just wanted to put it out there that wearing footwear instead of trudging all day in stocking feet, was a good decision. A darn good decision! blbbl


No comments:

Post a Comment